Frequently Ask Questions
What Are Eyelash Extensions?
Using an advanced 1-by-1 application technique that adds length and volume to natural lashes. We use only Livid Lash products that have been thoroughly researched and tested to ensure that we provide cruelty-free, formaldehyde-free, latex-free and integrity filled products. We are the supplier and have full product knowledge.
How will they look and feel?
A licensed skilled technician will provide a look that while enhanced, still looks natural. They aren't heavy like other synthetic lashes. We will provide an appearance that is tailored to your desired look and complementary to the shape of your eyes.
How long will my initial appointment take?
You can expect your first appointment to take approximately 60-120 minutes, depending on your natural lash curl and the kind of set you are getting.
How long will my Eyelash Extensions Last?
When properly maintained, your eyelash extensions will last three to four weeks before you require a lash refill. See the aftercare section "How to properly care for your lash extensions", to maximize longevity.
What is a fill and how often should I get one?
Refills are done every three to four weeks depending on care and how quickly your eyelashes grow. After 3 months a full set is required for maximum retention.
Why do I lose some of my lashes?
Due to the natural growth cycle of your lashes you will find your natural eyelashes shed every 60-90 days as new ones grows in. You naturally lose five lashes a day. We recommend getting a fill every three to four weeks to fill in lashes on the new growth.
Will extensions damage my eyelashes?
Yes and no. Yes, your lashes can be damaged if you go to someone who was not properly licensed and trained and uses cheap products not intended for long wear. No, extensions properly applied by a licensed and trained technician who uses quality products should not. Our lash extension supplies, application techniques and innovative aftercare ensures the integrity of your natural lashes.
Will I still need to use mascara?
No, you will not need to use mascara with your lash extensions, but for nights that you want extra drama you can use a mascara that IS NOT WATERPROOF.
- Now that you have Livid Lashes, here are the steps to make them last.
- Do not get your eyelashes wet for the first 24-48 hours. If you wash you face, try to avoid getting them completely saturated with water. If they do get wet, use a paper towel or a blow dryer or the cool setting to dry your lashes. AFTER 24-48 YOU MAY CLEAN YOUR LASHES. We carry lash bath cleansers to ensure longevity.
- Do not use a spa, sauna or pool for the first 24 hours. The extensions need that amount of time to properly bond.
- Avoid pulling or rubbing your eyes or pulling lashes. It is an impulse and 80% of clients can't help but to play with them.
- Do not use eyelash curlers with your extensions, Livid Lash extensions come with a permanent curl that is water-proof.
- ONLY use oil-free makeup remover. If your eyelashes are tangled or crossed over, use the Spoolie given to you during your appointment to gently brush them straight and put them in place especially after showering or washing your face.
- Proper hygiene is very important. Please keep lashes clean by regular washing. You can use an oil free cleanser or a natural cleanser such as Witch Hazel.
- Use only mascaras that are NOT WATERPROOF. Only apply the mascara to the tips of your lashes, applying to the base will cause them extension to come out.
- Use care when applying facial and eye creams to avoid the lash line. Too many oil-based products can break down the adhesive.
Avoid sleeping on your side. While lashes don't fall out symmetrically, we can guarantee that the side that falls out the fastest is the side you sleep on. Try sleeping on your back.
- We recommend touch-up appointments every two to four weeks to maintain your new eyelash extensions.